Saturday, December 22, 2012

Happy Holidays and Thoughts for Newtown

**I schedule these blog posts a few days ahead of time, so I had already written last week's post days before the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School happened.  I still can't process what went on, but my thoughts and prayers are with the community in Newtown, who, like us, were probably planning and gearing up for their Relay on June 1st.  I am planning to run a virtual 5K on January 31st, and I will be making a donation to the Sandy Hook School Support Fund.  If you'd like, they are also collecting paper snowflakes in many areas to send to the school.  The snowflakes must be sent by 1/12/2013, and I believe they must be laminated for safety/to make them last longer.**
****************************************************************

Katie Boutilier, one of our staff partners at the American Cancer Society, emailed over a holiday card that I'd like to share with you.  Thank you for everything you do, and have a safe and happy holiday season.  We will be back to regular posting next week, and we look forward to seeing all of your bright and shining faces at Kickoff on February 5th at the ACS office in West Bridgewater!


Don't forget to follow us on Facebook! You can also reach the website at http://www.relaybridgewater.org/ or email us at relaybridgewater@gmail.com.

No comments: